Divorce and Rujoo via Phone

Q: My husband and I live in two different countries. my husband divorced me via phone and he said he didn't do it intentionally and it was out of pure anger. Is the divorce valid? If so, my husband wants to make rujoo (take me back in marriage) after divorcing me by phone. Is this possible?

A: 1. Even if he did not intend divorce but gave the divorce, it will take place.
2. Yes, he can do a Rujoo' by phone.
3. Witnesses are not required for the Rujoo' to be valid.

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked and approved by: Mufti Siraj Desai