Husband Refusing Divorce

Q: If the wife asks for a talaaq (divorce), but the husband refuses to divorce her and she’s truly unhappy in the marriage, what can she do?

A: They must get the elders of the family or community or the local Ulama to sit with them and try to resolve the differences. Another option is Khula’.  Khula’ is when a wife requests her husband to release her from the Nikah in lieu of money or other material commodity.

Moulana Yusuf Laher