Q: What are the sunnah practices I can follow for my new born baby girl?
A: The following are sunnah practices:
1) Athaan in right ear and iqaamah in left ear (in normal voice, not shouting)
2) Tahneek: a pious person or aalim to put honey or chewed dates in baby’s mouth
3) On 7th day — shave hair, aqeeqa, naming of child, ie start calling it by the name you have chosen.
4) Take a little saffron and rub on baby’s head after shaving.
5) Give some money in sadaqa, any small amount.
Allah make baby healthy, pious, and obedient, aameen