Written Divorce

Q: My friend's husband gave her a divorce 3 years before on a paper with the wordings "main ne tumhain 08 July 2008 ko farigh ker dia hai" (I have made u free from 08 July 2008). Has this divorce occured or not? If  it occured then what's the possibility to reconcile? The iddat period has expired.

A. The divorce did occur. They have to make a new Nikah to get back together again.

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked by: Mufti Siraj Desai